Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes/ Belgium Waffle

This was super yum. I woke up craving waffles but wanted a healthy version. I saw this pancake recipe in my borrowed Fitness Magazine. I put my own spin on it and made a Belgium waffle version!









1/4 cup Oats
1/3 cup Skim Milk
1/4 cup Grated Apple
1 Egg
2 tsp Wheat Germ
1/8tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbs Whole-grain pancake mix


In a med bowl, combine oats and skim milk and let stand for 5 minutes. Add grated apple and egg (I just used the egg yoke and reserved the whites for later) . In small bowl mix wheat germ (I didn't have wheat germ and I used flax seed), cinnamon, whole grain pancake mix. Slowly add dry ingredients to oat mixture. ** added step for waffles- in separate bowl blend egg whites until light and fluffy & fold into blended batter. If you are making pancakes this step is not required. The whole egg will be added into the mixture above.

Spray cooking oil in a medium skillet or waffle maker and cook until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. i have lots of partially eaten apples sitting in my fridge that i couldn't bring myself to throw away -- they have been waiting for recipes such as this!! grate them up and . . . whallah! new life!

    ReplyDelete